Holiday Fire Safety Advice


Whilst we would encourage all members of the community to enjoy the weather, we would also like to make everyone aware of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, particularly if you are camping or caravanning at local events or festivals.

• Make sure your camping lights and stoves are clean and properly adjusted
• Never take a portable barbecue or lit charcoal into an enclosed space like a tent or caravan
• Make sure exhaust from generators is properly vented away from occupied areas

Carbon monoxide (CO is a colourless, odourless, highly poisonous gas that can kill in minutes. Carbon Monoxide can be caused by any fuel that burns or smoulders.

Symptoms are:
• Mild Headache
• Dizziness
• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Fatigue
• Drowsiness

For more information on fire safety in the home, go to www.glosfire.gov.uk or if you know an older or vulnerable person who hasn’t got a smoke alarm and may be at risk from fire, call 0800 180 41 40 to book a visit from your local Community Fire Station.


↑ Back to top ↑