Crime Prevention Advice - Shed, Garage and Garden Security
Back to House
Theft of garden equipment is a growing menace.
• Put away all tools and equipment and ensure that all outside sheds and store cupboards are securely locked when not in use.
• Bring the tools inside if you do not have a garden shed or outbuilding.
• Use plant protection - such as thorny shrubs. Install outside security lighting which comes on automatically.
• If you have a burglar alarm, why not extend it to cover outbuildings and sheds?
• Photograph valuable garden plants or ornaments.
• Mark your property with your postcode. This makes stolen property easier to trace and it can be positively identified as yours.
• Check that your household insurance policy covers theft from your garden and outbuildings.
• If you have a local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme, why not join?
Click the links below for more information on garden security:
Stop garden thieves:
If you see or hear anything suspicious, dial 999
If you have a burglary, don't move or touch anything, just ring 999.
If you have any information about a burglar or burglary and don't want to give your name, ring Crimestoppers, anytime day or night, on 0800 555 111
For further information and advice please contact the crime reduction officer at your local police station.
Back to House